Lighter Watermelon Salad With Feta and Mint
By Bobby DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 zested and juiced lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 lb) rind removed and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks seedless watermelon
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, olive oil and salt in a small bowl. Combine the watermelon, shallot, mint and basil in a large bowl. Lightly toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with the feta; serve immediately or chill up to 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip: Seedless watermelons vary in size. Bobby likes to use the small round variety. They weigh about 4â5 lbs each. If they have any seeds, they are very small. Their rind is thinner than larger watermelons, so it’s much easier to remove. Not only does this save you prep time, but since they are small, they take up a lot less space in the fridge!