Lemon Lavender Gooey Butter Cake
By Paula Deen
- 1 (18 1/4 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 sticks melted, divided butter
- 2 teaspoons pulverized culinary lavender
- 1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 large juice and zest lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, 1 stick butter and lavender and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and 1 stick butter and beat together. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread mixture over the cake batter and bake until lightly browned on top and set but still jiggly, about 45 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center should be a little gooey.