Layered Mexican Dip
By Nancy BloodJUMP TO RECIPE
Favorite Recipes of The Lady and Her Friends
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Dash of Paula Deen Hot Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 4 (9-ounce) cans Frito-Lay bean dip
- 1 (16-ounce) jar picante sauce or salsa, drained
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion or green onion
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- sliced jalapeños, to taste (optional)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
In a bowl, stir together avocado, lemon juice, garlic salt, black pepper, and hot sauce; set aside.
In another bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning; set aside.
In a wide, shallow bowl, layer bean dip, avocado mixture, sour-cream mixture, picante sauce, onion, tomatoes, olives, and jalapeño peppers (if desired), and top with both cheeses. Serve with tortilla chips.