Lady and Sons’ Chicken in Wine Sauce
By Paula Deen
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons melted, plus more for casserole butter
- 6 oz (about 8 slices) Swiss cheese
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup crushed herb-flavored stuffing mix
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the chicken to a shallow buttered casserole and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Layer the cheese slices on top.
In a medium bowl, add the soup and the wine, season with salt and pepper and pour over the cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter.* Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
*Cook’s Note: If desired use more butter.