Jalapeño Bottle Caps With Blue Cheese Dip
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 24 pieces
- for frying peanut oil
- 1 cup recipe follows fry mix
- 8 tablespoons beer
- 3 (3 1/2 oz) trimmed, seeded, and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick jalapeño peppers
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons divided salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white and light green parts green onions
Heat the oil in a deep skillet to 375º.
While the oil heats up, combine the fry mix with the beer, stirring until smooth. Toss the jalapeño slices in the batter. Using a slotted wooden spoon or tongs, carefully lower the jalapeño slices into the oil. Fry for about 2 minutes, turning them often to brown evenly. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Serve immediately with Blue Cheese Dip.
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Blue Cheese Dip:
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Fold in the blue cheese and green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.