Hot Curried Fruit
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 peeled, cored and quartered pears
- 3 small halved, pitted and peeled (6 halves total) apricots
- 1 cup cut into 1-inch pieces fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 peeled, cored and quartered peaches
- 20 maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325 °F.
Stir 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon curry powder and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
Combine all the fruit in a large baking dish and stir together with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle butter mixture over fruit and bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting often.