Harissa Spiced Green Bean Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces green beans
- 1 1/2 cups julienned cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces carrots
- 1 (15 oz) can drained garbanzo beans
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 4 teaspoons harissa spice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
Bring a pot of water with a pinch of salt to a rapid boil. While the water heats, fill a large bowl 3/4 full with ice and add enough cold water to just cover ice. Add the green beans, carrots and garbanzo beans to boiling water in small batches to ensure the water does not lose its boil. Boil the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, strain and submerge into ice bath as quickly as possible. Remove vegetables from the ice bath as soon as they are no longer warm.
In a small bowl, whisk together harissa spice, lemon juice, olive oil and white wine vinegar; set aside.
Place green beans, carrots, garbanzo beans and diced cucumbers in a serving dish and toss with harissa dressing. Serve cold or warm by slightly heating in a saucepan.