By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 halved lemon
- 1 teaspoon to taste crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 about 8 oz each grouper fillets
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen's Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stick cold cut into 8 slices, plus 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a small skillet, add 1 tablespoon butter or oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
To the bowl, add the cheese, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning. Mix well and set aside. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning. Place the fish in the baking dish and squeeze the juice of the lemon over it and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Top fish with slices of butter. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is almost done; the time will depend on the thickness of your fish. Remove the dish from the oven and cover each fillet with 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture. Return to the oven and bake until cheese melts, about 8 to 10 minutes.