Grilled Tuna with Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 cup diced preferably fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons white and light green parts, finely chopped scallions
- 1 juiced lime
- 3 tablespoons divided olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded and minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 4 (8 oz) tuna steaks
- Paula Deen's House Seasoning
For the salsa:
In a small bowl, mix pineapple, bell pepper, scallions, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and chile together. Cover and let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
For the tuna:
Light the grill or preheat the broiler.
Coat the tuna steaks with the 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with House Seasoning. Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet, if broiling, or put them on the grill. Broil or grill the fish until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter and serve topped with the salsa.