Green Chile Squares
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 6 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 (4 oz) cans with juice diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 300 °F.
Spray a 12 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a bowl, add the eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper sauce. Mix together well.
Add the chiles and both cheeses to a large bowl. Pour the liquid ingredients into the cheese mixture and stir well. Pat the mixture down into the prepared baking dish and bake until the center is firm, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into small squares and serve.