Grammy Peg’s American Chop Suey
By Sean ConantJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound Beyond Meat ground beef
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
Boil water in a medium pot, then add pasta until slightly undercooked. Strain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
In the same pot, brown and crumble the vegetarian ground beef, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce on medium heat. Set aside.
In the same pot, melt the butter, then sauté the onion, green bell pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic for 4 minutes on medium heat.
Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar to the sautéed ingredients. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Then, add the cheese, stirring until melted.
Stir in the cooked pasta and meatless crumbles. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Add salt and hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!