Fried Halibut Sandwich
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 (8 oz) skin removed halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 large halved and toasted sandwich rolls
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- freshly ground black pepper
Rinse fish and pat dry; set aside. In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, salt and pepper to taste. Dip each fillet in the flour mixture to coat.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook the fish in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard and dill. Set aside.
Spread the dill mayonnaise evenly on the rolls. Place a fish fillet on each roll and top with tomato and onion slices