Fried Green Tomato Salad with Chipotle Dressing
By Paula Deen
- 3 or 4 large, firm green tomatoes
- 1 cup or cornmeal self rising flour
- cracked black pepper
- for frying peanut oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups washed spring mix lettuce
- 1 peeled, pitted, and sliced avocado
Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
For the tomatoes: Slice the tomatoes to desired thickness. Lay the tomato slices out on a pan lined with a paper towel and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Allow time for the salt to pull the water out of the tomatoes.
Mix together the flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Coat the tomatoes with the flour mixture and deep-fry until golden brown.
For the salad: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, adobo sauce, and salt.
Place the spring mix on a plate. Alternate tomatoes and avocado slices in a circle on top of spring mix. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.