Cream Cheese Frosting
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (8 oz) package at room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup at room temperature butter
- 1 lb sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup optional chopped pecans
In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter. Gradually add the confectioners’ÂÂ sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Stir in the pecans, or reserve them to sprinkle over the frosted cake. Fill and frost the cake when it is completely cool.