Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 (6 oz) package raspberry creme filled dark chocolate baking pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in baking pieces. Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool. Once cool, drizzle with Raspberry Icing. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
In a small bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, milk and raspberry preserves, stirring until smooth.