By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 (8 oz) containers softened mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup or strong brewed coffee, cooled espresso
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 room temperature, separated eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plus more for garnish caramel sauce
- grated, for garnish chocolate
1. In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with a mixer until thickened. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese, beating just until combined.
2. In each individual serving dish, place 1 ladyfinger, flat side up. Brush ladyfinger with espresso. Top with cream mixture and caramel topping. Repeat layers as desired. Garnish with grated chocolate and caramel topping, if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 375˚. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, sift flour and cocoa together.
3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites at high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and remaining ¼ cup sugar at high speed with a mixer until thick and pale. Gently fold egg yolks into egg whites. Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
5. Using a large round tip, pipe batter in 3-inch lengths onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until ladyfingers spring back gently when touched. Let cool completely.