Chicken Brunswick Stew
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon available in grocery stores liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup Paula Deen BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (28 oz) can sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar crushed tomatoes
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) fryer chicken
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- celery salt
In a large pot, place the chicken and enough water to cover chicken and bring to a boil. Cook chicken until meat falls off the bone, approximately 45 minutes. Drain the stock and reserve 2 cups of stock. Remove the skin and bones and chop meat.
In a separate pot, mix the chicken and remaining ingredients. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add a little bit of the stock if the stew become too thick. Serve stew over steamed rice.