By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 (8 oz) package manicotti
- 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 oz) package thawed and squeezed dry frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large scrambled eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 (25 oz) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook the manicotti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, spinach, Italian seasoning, eggs, salt and pepper. Place the mixture into a large zip-top bag, cut one of the corners off and squeeze the cheese mixture into the manicotti. Pour half of the pasta sauce into the prepared baking dish. Place the stuffed manicotti over the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the manicotti. Top with the remaining mozzarella and the provolone. Bake until hot and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes.