Bobby’s Lighter Green Bean Casserole
By Bobby Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 lb (about 3 cups) trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) package thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup French-fried onion rings
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the mushrooms, onion and seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms and onion are very tender, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cooked beans, soup, milk, 1/4 cup onion rings and 1/4 cup cheese; toss to mix well. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup onion rings and 1/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, until the filling is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.