Bobby’s Lighter Corn Casserole
By Bobby DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
From Mama's Table to Mine
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 box (8½ ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 can (15¼ ounces) corn kernels
- 1 can (14¾ ounces) creamed corn
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, applesauce, and egg until combined. Add the muffin mix, corn kernels, and creamed corn and stir gently to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for about 60 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.