Sweet Potato Bites
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 large (about 2 1/2 lbs) sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon grated nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup toasted and crushed pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 large marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Place the sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish and bake until they are soft to touch, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Once sweet potatoes cool to room temperature, peel them and place them in a large bowl, mashing well. Stir in brown sugar, nutmeg, egg yolks, vanilla and crushed pecans.
In a medium bowl, toss the coconut with the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Press the sweet potato mixture around each marshmallow to create 8 balls, then roll the balls in the coconut mixture.
Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.