Susan’s Caldo Soup
By Susan Green
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 5
- 1/2 lb cut into 1-inch slices smoked sausage
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 5 quartered new red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) package thawed and drained frozen chopped collard greens
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the onion, sausage and Paula Deen House Seasoning, and sauté until the onion is transparent, about 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, potatoes and collard greens.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Before serving, mash up some of the potatoes to thicken the soup.