By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 large angel food cake
- 1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) container thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cut in half. If berries are extra large, they can be cut into quarters fresh strawberries
Slice cake, using a serrated knife, horizontally into 3 equal layers.
For the custard:
Mix together cream cheese, condensed milk and whipped topping in a bowl; set aside.
For the glaze:
In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; add water. Cook stirring over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Fold in strawberries.
Place 1 layer of cake in a large clear bowl. Top with a layer of glaze, followed by a layer of custard mixture. Repeat layering in this order for remaining cake, glaze and custard. Top cake with 3 whole fresh strawberries and fresh mint leaves.