Romaine Holiday Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ½ (16-ounce) baguette, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 small pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) bag dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Paula Deen Vidalia Onion Poppyseed Dressing
Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
On a prepared pan, toss together bread cubes, butter, and pepper until well coated. Arrange bread in an even layer on pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely.
In a large bowl, toss together romaine and all remaining ingredients until well combined; top with bread cubes. Serve immediately.
Cook’s Note: Check your fridge, freezer, and pantry to see what ingredients you have on hand before grocery shopping. If you have an apple already or dried cherries rather than cranberries, go ahead and use them rather than buying more ingredients.