Pesto Shrimp Salad
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
The Deen Bros. Y'all Come Eat
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds medium uncooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons crab boil seasoning
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad greens
In a large pot, combine the shrimp and crab boil seasoning; toss to coat. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the shrimp by 2 inches. Heat over medium-high heat for 8 minutes (water does not have to come to a simmer or a boil). Turn off the heat, cover, and let the shrimp sit in the cooking liquid for 2 to 3 minutes more or until just opaque. Drain.
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the pesto, celery, mayonnaise, red pepper, and onion. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve shrimp mixture at room temperature or chilled on a bed of mixed greens.