Paula’s Savannah-Style Blue Crabs
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 heaping tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sliced in half lemons
- 2 heads split in half garlic
- 1 bunch roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 6 blue crabs
- melted, for serving butter
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the crab seasoning, vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves, lemons, garlic and parsley to the pot. Add the crabs and boil until they are red, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the crabs using a spider, and then let the crabs cool to the touch.
Crack the crabs over newspaper and pick out all their sweet meat. Serve with melted butter.