Maple-Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove mashed garlic
- 1 medium sized ripe chopped into small cubes tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 deseeded & finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple chucks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Place salmon fillets in a resealable plastic bag. Combine maple syrup, teriyaki, pineapple juice, ginger and garlic in a non reactive bowl or measuring cup. Pour marinade over fillets and refrigerate from 1 to 24 hours. In a grill basket sprayed with cooking spray, grill the salmon skin side down first over hot coals. Flip after 2-3 minutes and cook for another 1-3 minutes, or until desired doneness. Serve with pineapple salsa spooned on the side.
Place the last 6 ingredients in a small non reactive saucepan. Let simmer over low heat about 5 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve with salmon.