Loaded Mashed Potatoes
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 2 heads garlic
- 6 lbs peeled and quartered Idaho potatoes
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (12 oz) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked julienned cooked bacon
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Cut tops off 2 garlic heads. Wrap in foil and roast for 30 minutes. When cool enough to handle remove the flesh from the garlic heads and set aside.
In a large stockpot, cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Drain and return to stockpot. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth; adding salt, pepper, butter, garlic and sour cream. With a spatula stir in cheese and bacon. Add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.