Lighter Southern Deviled Eggs
By Deen Brothers
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon paula deen paprika spice blend
- optional chopped pimentos
Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove from the heat. Cover, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; run under cold running water.
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise. Remove the yolks. Press 6 of the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl. Reserve the remaining yolks for another use. Stir in the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, and spice blend until well mixed. Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves. Place the eggs on a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with the pimientos and serve with the pickles on the side, if using.