Lighter Dry-Rub Baby Back Ribs
By Deen Brothers
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon or to taste cayenne pepper
- 4 lbs cut into 2-rib portions baby back ribs
- 1 cup white vinegar
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ribs. Rub spice mixture all over the ribs. Cover and refrigerate ribs for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
Cook on grill for 45 minutes. Baste with white vinegar and cook another 15 minutes. Double wrap in foil and hold in cooler with tight fitting lid for an hour. Cooler makes ribs tender and the hour allows time for cooking side dishes.