Lighter Crab Cakes
By Deen Brothers
- 1 lb picked over jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons drained diced pimientos
- 3 finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup divided light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 clove minced garlic
To make the crab cakes, combine the crabmeat, pimientos, scallions, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, egg white, seasoning, and hot sauce in a large bowl until blended. Form into 8 equal patties.
Place the remaining bread crumbs on a sheet of waxed paper. Dredge the patties in the crumbs; transfer to a plate; refrigerate, covered, 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until crisp and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, to prepare the Lemon-Dill Sauce, whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise, relish, dill, lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons mustard, and garlic in a small bowl until blended. Serve with the crab cakes.