Lighter BBQ Chicken
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) cut into 8 pieces chicken
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or prepare a grill (brush the grill grate lightly with oil).
In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the chicken. Reserve 1/3 cup of the barbeque sauce; set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining sauce in the bowl, turning to coat.
Arrange the coated chicken in a roasting pan or on the grill. Cook (covered, if grilling) for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the reserved 1/3-cup sauce after 20 minutes.