Lemon Pepper Rosemary Chicken
By Jamie Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) roasting chicken
- 4 stems divided fresh rosemary
- 2 heads halved (1 for roasting, 1 for stuffing the chicken) garlic
- 2 1 halved, 1 sliced for garnish lemons
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons divided lemon pepper seasoning
- small section for tying legs butcher's twine
- 1 loaf (or ciabatta bread) French bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt inside cavity of chicken. Stuff the lemon halves, 1 head of garlic, halved and one stem of rosemary inside cavity.
Being careful not to tear the skin, gently separate skin from breast meat and stuff two sprigs of rosemary under the skin. Rub the entire bird with the softened butter. Sprinkle evenly with the lemon pepper seasoning.
Tie legs of bird together using butcherâs twine. Tuck wings under bird.
Cut the tops off of some garlic heads, drizzle with olive oil and toss in the roasting pan with your chicken. Never miss the chance to have roasted garlic.
Place in a shallow roasting pan (breast side up) and bake until internal temp reaches 165º and juices run clear, about 1 1/2 hours. Let rest before serving.
Onto ciabatta bread, add a spread of roasted garlic paste from roasting pan.
Garnish with lemon slices placed on the breast of the chicken with rosemary tucked in between.