Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, divided
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 lemon, divided, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil, for sautéeing
- 6 thin slices pancetta, cooked until crispy
- 6 focaccia rolls
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon large capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 8 roma tomatoes
- olive oil
Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, egg, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce in a large bowl and using a whisk, mix well. Add green onions, dill, 1 tablespoon parsley, breadcrumbs, diced red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix all ingredients well.
Gently fold in crabmeat and mix gently trying not to break up the crabmeat. Carefully divide mixture into 6 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into saucepan with peanut oil. Sauté on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes and carefully turn and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side.
Top each crab cake with a piece of crispy pancetta and serve on a focaccia roll with Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce.
Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce
Whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sweet pickle relish, capers, 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, chives, 1 tablespoon Italian parsley and the zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon and refrigerate or serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Preheat oven to 200 °F.
Take fresh Roma tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Place tomatoes cut side up on sheet tray. Drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven for 8 hours or overnight.