Gooey (With Less) Butter Cake
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 45 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- One 18 1/4-ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- One 8-ounce package neufchatel cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the cake mix, buttermilk, oil and egg in a large bowl and, using an electric hand mixer, blend together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
For the filling: Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.