Going Green Leaf Salad
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 min
- 1 large bunch leafy green lettuce about 8 ounces
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachio pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic
- Dash hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash well and dry the lettuce. Using your hands, tear the lettuce and add to a large bowl along with the apples, nuts and dried cherries. Drizzle in about 1/2 cup Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing, or more if you like. Toss well with tongs.
Buttermilk Jam Jar Dressing Two Ways
Add the buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, chives, garlic, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste to a 2 cup mason jar. Cover with the lid and shake until well combined.
Take Two: To make this dressing blue cheese, crumble in 1/2cup of crumbled blue and mash with a fork.