By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large lightly beaten egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen 4-cheese ravioli
- for frying ravioli oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Pour oil to a depth of 1/2-inch in a skillet or Dutch oven and heat oil to 360 °F.
Bring water to a boil over high heat and cook ravioli for 2 minutes. Place cooked ravioli on paper towels to drain; set aside. Combine pecans and cheese in a shallow dish. Whisk together milk, egg, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Dip ravioli in egg mixture then dredge in pecan mixture. Fry ravioli, in batches, 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Marinara Cream Sauce.
Marinara Cream Sauce:
In a large saucepan, combine sauce and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat.