Fried Egg and Avocado Sandwich
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 4 slices toasted wheat bread
- 4 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 peeled, pitted, and sliced avocado
In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Drain grease from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon.
Spread butter over each side of bread. Place 4 slices of bread, butter side down, on skillet over medium heat. Flip bread and toast the other side. Remove to serving plates.
In a small bowl, add cream cheese, parsley and green onions together. Add salt and pepper. Spread onto 1 side of each toast slice.
In same small skillet, fry the eggs in reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat. Crack the yolks and flip. Place each egg on top of 2 pieces of toast. Cover each egg with 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of avocado. Top with another piece of toast and serve immediately.