By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large slightly beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 (15.25 oz) can drained corn kernels
- for frying vegetable oil
Heat oil to 325 °F.
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Stir in butter and corn.
Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven, or use a deep fryer. Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Yields about 2 dozen fritters.