Big Lady New Millennium Sandwich
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen's Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Paula Deen's Silly Salt
- 2 hard-boiled chopped eggs
- 2 stalks plus 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cups diced (or a 1 to 3 lb chicken) chicken
- 4 tablespoons divided butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 to 12 whole drained pimentos
- 8 to 12 slices cheddar cheese
How To Videos
Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion and celery stalks in a large stockpot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones, if using whole chicken. Reserve the liquid.
Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, silly salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, 1/4-teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons reserved stock and mix well.
Butter 1 side each bread slice. Divide chicken mixture among 4 of the slices on the un-buttered side. Add whole pimentos, 2 to 3, and sliced deli cheddar. Cover with the remaining 4 slices of bread, buttered side up.
Preheat an indoor grill/panini press. Place sandwiches on the grill/panini press and grill for a few minutes on each side.