Basil Turkey Sliders
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (1 oz) package finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon (about 3 cloves) plus 1 teaspoon, minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 18 buttered and toasted slider buns
- shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup roasted, chopped, and drained well red bell peppers
Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, basil, 1 tablespoon garlic, salt and pepper. Add 1/3 cup mayonnaise, stirring to combine. Shape the mixture into eighteen 2-inch-size patties.
When the skillet is hot, add the turkey sliders in batches, and cook until done all the way through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Spread desired amount of Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise onto the buns. Top the bottom halves of the buns with desired amount of shredded lettuce. Top each with 1 turkey slider. Cover with the top halves of the buns. Serve immediately.
Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise:
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, mustard and 1 teaspoon garlic. Stir in the peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.