Almond Chocolate Balls
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (14 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 commonly used in jams and jellies paraffin wax
- 1 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 oz) package shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 (16 oz) boxes confectioner's sugar
Cream together sugar and butter in a bowl; add milk. Stir in almond, coconut, and nuts; mix well. Form candy into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Melt chocolate in top of double boiler, stirring well. Add 1/2 bar of paraffin wax. This will help the chocolate stick to the balls. Remove from heat but allow chocolate to remain over hot water. (If chocolate becomes too thick, return to heat for a minute or so to thin).
With a toothpick, dip each ball in chocolate and place on waxed paper until set.