Happy New Year! It’s that time where most people are ready to start from scratch with a blank slate and a determined heart. It’s that time where we write down our resolutions and set new goals for the next 12 months. Have you set yours yet?
Whether your focus this year is on your physical health, work, relationships, spirituality, or anything else, what we eat has a big impact on our attitude and also on the decisions we make. When we eat good food, our body finds its ideal weight. When we’re at our ideal weight, we function better and everything around us improves, just like that.
If you want to shed those extra holiday pounds, find balance, and feel good, you’re in the right place. Here are some easy tips that will help you find health and your ideal weight:
- Drink at least 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day. This will keep you hydrated and will help your body flush toxins. If you stay hydrated, your body won’t confuse hunger with anxiety or boredom.
- Eat real foods. Avoid packaged stuff, and eat as close to the earth as possible. This way, you’ll be fueling your body with the best nutrients that our planet has to offer.
- Start every meal with fresh fruit or a salad. This is a great way to add vitamins, minerals, and fiber to your daily diet. This will also fill you up so you’ll only eat the necessary amounts of your main dish.
- Listen to your body. Eat when you’re hungry, and don’t eat when you’re not. Chew each bite 30-50 times to make sure you’re eating only the necessary amounts of food your body really needs.
- Move! It’s not news that staying active adds years to your life. Aim for at least 30 minutes of a workout you enjoy 3 times a week. Other tips to include on your daily routine is parking farther from where you need to be, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, and using a step tracker to make sure you hit a daily goal.
Enjoy the ride, eat plants, and be ready to shine!