Flu season has arrived… Some of you have taken shots and some of you haven’t. The truth is that we have all experienced how uncomfortable it is to feel weak and sick from a virus that seems to be everywhere!
This past week, I spent 5 days taking care of Bobby because he got completely sick. Chicken soups were part of his daily meals, and he was drinking tons of water, but the truth is that sometimes we just need to let the virus run its course.
As he was getting better, I started coughing and now my body aches, so today I want to share with you some tips for when you start experiencing those flu-like symptoms. These will hopefully help you avoid getting a fever and will help the virus get out of your system faster.
- If possible, spend all day in bed as soon as you feel there’s something wrong. Your body needs all the energy it has to fight against the virus.
- Drink plenty of water… and I mean 10+ glasses a day. This will help eliminate the virus though your urine and will clean your body from the inside out while keeping you hydrated.
- Include fruits that are high in vitamin C, like oranges, tangerines, lemon, pineapple, and strawberries. Also, include a vitamin C supplement.
- Twice a day, drink this wellness cocktail: in a small pot, heat 1 glass of water. Add 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 tsp. raw honey, ½ tsp chopped ginger, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper. Let the mix sit for about a minute and mix it well with a blender… enjoy!
- If you eat meat, go for a chicken broth and/or chicken soup. If not, you can do a veggie one!
- Wear socks, bundle up, and be patient!
If you end up getting really sick, this is a good time to stop and take things easy. And don’t forget to talk to your doctor!