⅓ cup Paula Deen Vidalia Onion Peach Grilling Marinade
1 tablespoon sour cream
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons The Lady & Sons Signature Hot Sauce
1 cup panko bread crumbs
12 oysters, freshly shucked
2 cups peanut oil (or canola oil)
- To prepare dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine marinade and sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- Whisk eggs and hot sauce in a second small bowl.
- Place bread crumbs in a third small bowl.
- Dredge oysters in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip flour-dredged oysters in egg mixture, shaking off any excess. Roll oysters in bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Place on baking sheet and place in refrigerator while frying oil comes to temperature.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil to 325 degrees. Add breaded oysters and fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and immediately sprinkle with salt. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
More About The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook
Paula Deen’s first and best-selling cookbook proves that true Southern cooking never goes out of style. Paula has added 25 recipes to her classic collection of down-home Southern family favorites, including Paula’s famous Chicken and Waffles, Oven-Fried Catfish, Savannah Sloppy Joes, and Sweet Blueberry Corn Bread. This friendly cookbook from The Lady & Sons, one of the most frequently visited restaurants in Savannah, comes filled with hundreds of quick and easy recipes perfect for home entertaining, family picnics, or Sunday dinners.