A turkey breast and pared-down sides are perfect for an easy meal for just a few people. You’ll get all the holiday flavors you love with much less time and effort spent in the kitchen.
Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
1 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons hickory-smoked marinade
1 (5-pound) fresh or frozen and thawed bone-in skin-on turkey breast
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
Garnish: fresh sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a roasting pan and roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and marinade. Reserve half of syrup mixture for sauce. Using a meat injector, inject remaining syrup mixture into several places in breast.
3. In a small bowl, combine butter and next 3 ingredients; rub under and over skin of breast. Place, breast side up, on rack in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165°. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, and cover loosely with aluminum foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
5. While turkey is resting, in a saucepan, bring reserved syrup mixture and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Garnish with fresh sage, if desired.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!