Servings: Makes 10 to 12 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2½ cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
1½ cups finely chopped carrot (about 3 medium)
1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach
¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
2 large eggs
2 (24-ounce) jars tomato and basil pasta sauce, divided
1 (9-ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 (12-ounce) packages sliced provolone cheese
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (16-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stirring until spinach wilts. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, and eggs; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 4½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of vegetable mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce. Layer one-fourth of provolone over sauce. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with one-fourth ricotta mixture.
4. Combine chicken and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spread half of chicken mixture over ricotta.
5. Top with 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with remaining chicken mixture, 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture, remaining vegetable mixture, remaining 1 cup sauce, and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!