Servings: Makes 10 to 12 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2½ cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
1½ cups finely chopped carrot (about 3 medium)
1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach
¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
2 large eggs
2 (24-ounce) jars tomato and basil pasta sauce, divided
1 (9-ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 (12-ounce) packages sliced provolone cheese
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (16-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stirring until spinach wilts. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, and eggs; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 4½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of vegetable mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce. Layer one-fourth of provolone over sauce. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with one-fourth ricotta mixture.
4. Combine chicken and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spread half of chicken mixture over ricotta.
5. Top with 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with remaining chicken mixture, 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture, remaining vegetable mixture, remaining 1 cup sauce, and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula for a book signing/meet & greet from 11:00 – 2:00 at Wolf Furniture in Hagerstown, MD.
Friday, May 9th starting at 6:30 pm at the Downstream Casino Pavilion. Admission: $100 per person; $60 per person for auction only. Limited seating available. Purchase tickets online. Proceeds benefit The Bag Lady Foundation.
Join Paula for tea and conversation at St. Mark Catholic Church, Richmond, KY. Get tickets online.
In celebration of the 25th Anniversary, come join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons on Friday, June 13th from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!