Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. In a medium bowl, combine apple wedges and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
2. In a large Dutch oven, bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potato slices and apple wedges alternately in prepared pan.
4. In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar and next 5 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is syrupy. Pour over potatoes and apples.
5. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, and bake 15 minutes more.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula at DuBois Furniture in Waco, TX for a book signing and meet and greet from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Come see Paula’s live show at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
Tickets available from Blumenthal Performing Arts Center here!
VIP MEET AND GREET
Starts at 5:30 PM. Light hors d’oeuvres and beer & wine will be served, including a meet and greet with Paula Deen!
Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.
Join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.