Servings: Makes 8 to 10 servings
1¼ cups warm water (105˚ to 115˚)
1 (¼-ounce) package active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 heads garlic
2 cups grated Asiago cheese
Garnish: thinly sliced basil
1. In a small bowl, combine 1¼ cups warm water, yeast, and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine flour and salt. Pulse several times to combine. With processor running, slowly add yeast mixture and oil; process until dough forms a ball.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Loosely cover, and let rise in a warm place (85˚), free from drafts, for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
4. Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut ½ inch off pointed ends of garlic, keeping cloves intact. Place garlic, cut ends up, on aluminum foil. Wrap garlic in foil, and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until softened. When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic pulp into a small bowl. Mash garlic with a fork. Set aside.
5. Punch dough down, and let rest for 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450˚. Lightly spray 2 (15-inch) pizza stones or baking sheets with cooking spray; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 2 (12-inch) circles. Place dough rounds on pizza stones. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make indentations at 1-inch intervals in top of dough. Spread roasted garlic evenly over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
Garnish with basil, if desired.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!